Deep South Steak with Fries
A taste of America’s delicious Deep South flavours marinated into tender juicy steaks can’t be beaten. A dollop of sour cream will compliment the fries, then simply serve with a bottle of ice cold beer.
- 2 T-Bone Steaks
- 2 Large Sweet Or White Potatoes, Cut Into Fries
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- For The Marinade:
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses Or Black Treacle
- 1 Tablespoon Jack Daniel's Whiskey Or Any Bourbon Whiskey
- 1/2 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- Juice Of 1/2 Lime
10 Minutes + 20 Minutes Marinating Time
Preheat oven to 220ºC/fan 200ºC/gas mark 7. combine all the marinade ingredients in a large dish. Add the steaks and mix to coat in the marinade. Season well and set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
Place the potatoes in a roasting tray and toss with the cayenne pepper and vegetable oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper and roast in the hot oven for 30 minutes until golden crisp.
Just before the fries are ready, heat a griddle pan or heavy-based frying pan until very hot. Add 1 steak, and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium rare. Set aside on a warm place to rest while you cook the remaining steak, then serve with fries and green veg or salad.