Deli Platter with Bread & Antipasti
A selection of cured meats from your local deli can make a delightful start to any dinner party or summer barbecue. Simply serve with a selection of Mediterranean themes sides and crusty bread.
- Marinated Olives:
- Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Orange, Zested
- 250g Assorted Olives
- Mediterranean Roast Vegetables:
- 300g Can Artichoke Hearts, Quartered
- Handful Small Vine Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced Into Small Wedges
- 1 Courgette, Sliced
- 1 Pepper, Red Or Yellow, Diced
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Sundried Tomato & Olive Salsa:
- 1 Large Vine Tomato, Diced
- 5 Sundried Tomatoes, Sliced
- 250g Black Olives, Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Basil, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sundried Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Marinated Olives: Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small pan, add the garlic, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, chilli flakes and orange zest. Warm through until fragrant, then add the olives. Leave to chill until at room temperature.
Mediterranean Roast Vegetables: Preheat the oven to 220ºC/fan 200ºC/gas mark 7. Heat olive oil in a roasting tray, then toss in all vegetables and herbs, ensuring that are covered in the oil. Roast for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and toss vegetables within the tray again. Place back in the oven for a further 15 – 20 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
Sundried Tomato & Olive Salsa: Prepare all the ingredients as listed above. Place the vine tomato, sundried tomatoes, and paste together in a large bowl and mix. Add the olives, basil and olive oil and toss together. Can be served immediately.