Spiced Chicken Balti
This tasty curry is great for those in a hurry, weather cooking for the family on a week night or an impromptu gathering with friends at the weekend.
- 1 Tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 2 Large Onions, Thickly Sliced
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breast, Diced
- 4 Tablespoons Balti Curry Paste
- 200g Quinoa
- 400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock
- 50g Roasted Salted Cashews (optional)
- Small Bunch Coriander, Chopped
Heat the oil in the large pan, fry the onions for five minutes until golden and softened, then tip onto a plate. Add the chicken, browning slightly, then stir in the balti paste, quinora and onions. Sizzle for a few minutes, then pour in the tomatoes and stock and give everything a good stir. Simmer for 25 minutes until the quinora is tender and saucy.
Stir in the cashews and most of the coriander with some seasoning, then pile into bowls, scattering the remaining coriander over the top. Serve with pilau rice and naan breads.